If you are residing in the United Kingdom and are looking to travel to Russia we can offer our advisory and form filling service to assist before you apply in person for your Russian Visa. You may apply for a tourist, business or private visa no more than 5 months before your intended arrival date in Russia.
Whichever visa type you need, here are some simple steps to follow:
1. Required Documents – Russian Visa Application
All visa types
To apply for a Russian visa in the UK, you will need the following items:
- Original full passport, valid for a minimum of six months after you leave Russia and containing at least two unused pages. Photocopies cannot be accepted.
- One passport photo. Please ensure it meets the photo requirements.
- A completed visa application form. Please click here to complete the Russian visa application on the official Russian government website. If you are unable to complete the form online, please ask about our form filling service £30 incl VAT per form. We can be reached by phone on 01480 433800 or by email at email@example.com
- Applicable inclusive fee.
- Copy of travel insurance certificate for holders of passports from Schengen zone only (not UK and Ireland)
Russian Tourist Visa
If you are applying for a tourist visa, you must also supply the following item:
- A tourist voucher or visa support letter (also called a tourist acceptance letter) from a registered Russian tourist company. We can provide this letter for a fee of £20 per person or if you are travelling with one of our approved partner tour operators, we can supply this letter for £12.
Russian Business Visa
If you are applying for a business visa, you must also supply the following item:
- A business invitation (accepted source varies, please ask us) – original copy.
- Covering letter from your company/organisation.
Russian Private Visa
If you are applying for a private visa, you must also supply the following item:
- A private invitation original copy.
If you are not a UK passport holder, you must also supply the following documents:
- Proof of residency in the UK for more than three months e.g. UK bank statement, utility bill.
- Non UK citizens are required to prove their residency in the UK for the last 90 days –
One of the following documents should be submitted with your application: valid visa in your passport or a valid UK residence permit, utility bills, bank statements for the last 90 days, letter from employer stating the date you started your employment. Please note that if you cannot prove your residence in the UK for the last 90 days, you can still apply but visa processing time will take longer.
All applications must be delivered in person to the VFS visa centre in London, Manchester or Edinburgh.
3. Check Visa Details
When your Russia visa arrives, we strongly recommend that you check it to make sure your details are correct. It is the responsibility of each traveller to ensure that he has been issued the correct visa as incorrect visa details can result in denied entry to Russia or denied access to your flight to Russia – sample visa below: